5 large chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup blackberry jam
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tb olive oil
1 1/2 minced garlic
1 1/2 minced onion
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 Tb cornstarch
sliced scallions, optional for garnish
sesame seeds, optional for garnish
- Layer chicken breasts in the slow cooker
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, blackberry jam, orange juice, olive oil, garlic and onion, then pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker; cook on high 4-5 hours or until fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken (reserve the liquids) and shred. Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl.
- Transfer the liquids from the slow cooker into a saucepan set over med-high heat and add cornstarch and broth mixture. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook until reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, tossing to combine. Serve over rice topped with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.