Monday, October 4, 2010

Pumpkin Waffles

Pumpkin Waffles
This recipe is courtesy of Valerie Salin...love her down home recipes! These are awesome as is, but I like a little sweeter waffle, so I add 1-2 T of sugar to the batter. 

Mix dry ingredients:
2 c. flour
2 T. baking powder
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix wet ingredients:
4 egg yolks (set aside egg whites)
1 c. pumpkin
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. butter melted
 
Combine wet and dry ingredients. Beat egg whites in metal bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in egg whites. 

Buttermilk Syrup

1 stick of butter
1 c. buttermilk (or milk and tsp. vinegar)
2 c. sugar
2 T. light corn syrup

Bring to a boil then remove from heat. Add 2 tsp. vanilla and 2 tsp. baking soda. Let sit a few minutes before serving--will be frothy at first.

2 comments:

  1. I also tweaked this recipe to make it my own, but I can tell you this will go down as a fall favorite in our family for many years to come!!

    So can I still post on here even after I've moved away? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni, your posting privileges will be revoked the minute you leave Kansas soil. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete